ING Lion Account
Free and easyThe free current account that lets you choose.
- 50 euros just for you: aged 18 to 25? Open your 1st free ING current account between 03/09/2018 and 14/10/18 and receive 50 euros.
- Access to your account anywhere, anytime: smartphone, tablet, computer, Self’Bank.
- Personalised advice: at your choice of ING branch.
- 100% free: free to open, to manage, with 2 free bank cards and free cash withdrawals throughout the euro zone.
What is the ING Lion Account?
The ING Lion Account is far more than a free bank account. It is an entirely free package including:
- an online bank account with zero charges
- mobile access via our smartphone and tablet apps
- e-banking access via Home’Bank and Phone’Bank
- a card with Bancontact/Mister Cash, Proton and Maestro
- bank statements in Home'Bank
- an ING Lion Deposit online savings account
- free withdrawals at ATMs in Belgium and in the euro zone.
Why is the ING Lion Account free?
Because you are the one doing your daily transactions yourself (via your smartphone, Home’Bank, our tablet app, Phone’Bank or a Self’Bank machine), it makes sense that you don’t have to pay a thing.
Can I go in an ING branch to manage my ING Lion Account?
Of course! Our colleagues are at your disposal to answer your questions and offer any assistance you need. If the transaction you want to carry out is possible via your smartphone (mobile app), Home’Bank, Self’Bank or Phone’Bank, our colleagues will show you how to do it. So you can do your banking yourself however and whenever you wish.
Can I also carry out transactions abroad with my ING Lion Account?
Yes, your ING Lion Account bank card has the Maestro option. You can therefore withdraw money and make payments in Europe.
Apply for your account in 3 steps
- Complete your details.
- Confirm your identity.
- Receive your bank card by post.
This ING Lion Account is for one holder. In order to open a free bank account for 2 holders, visit www.ing.be/lionaccountfor2.
An ING Lion Account is a current account, exclusively in euros, reserved for adult private individuals who are legally capable, reside in Belgium at the time of the application and have an e-mail address. Maximum two ING Lion Accounts per person. A maximum of two holders are authorised per ING Lion Account (no agents allowed). Where there are joint holders, ING will always consider them as indivisible. In the case of unincorporated associations (i.e. without any legal status) ING offers ING Green Accounts at its branches.
An ING Lion Account is a current account managed via the internet. It can be opened by applying via www.ing.be or via your smartphone at m.ing.be and subsequently signing the account opening contract at an ING branch (subject to acceptance by ING and to mutual agreement) and is free of charge. You may also apply for and open an ING Lion Account free of charge via Home’Bank. Any opening of an ING Lion Account is subject to prior acceptance by ING and mutual agreement. In addition you will not pay any annual management fees or charges for withdrawals from cash dispensers in the Eurozone.
Read the General regulations for banking transactions (including the Phone’Bank, Home’Bank, Smart Banking and Extrabranch Mobility General Terms and Conditions in attachment), the Special Regulations for Payment Transactions, the General Conditions of the ING Payment Card, the Charges Applied to the Main Banking Operations of Private Individuals, and the General information regarding accounts and cards. They are available on www.ing.be.